While all current trends indicate that pay TV and advertising spend are still vital components of the media marketplace, TV viewership does face a number of challenges, including fragmentation, technology-enabled time shifting, and the disruption of media stacking or mobile/tablet multitasking.
Developments in technology are impacting TV advertising effectiveness and the dramatic rise of connected mobile devices is leading to an increasingly distracted use of TV.
Digital technology has also accelerated ad avoidance through time shifting and on-demand viewing, and has enabled a significant amount of fragmentation due to sheer volume of content and niche. All these developments work together to degrade the value of TV ads and are deeply affecting the Pay TV industry as scarcity is removed due to IP delivered content.
Welcome to the new world of TV. These are problems that need solving. They need to be hacked.
Why hack TV?
- Because there's half a trillion dollars up for grabs globally in TV ad spend and Pay TV revenue as the Internet starts to collide with traditional TV. According to Forbes.
- Because companies like Google, Facebook and Apple have proven that Open Communities with Open APIs, Open SDKs and Open Source drive innovation far beyond any closed, proprietary systems do. Wouldn't you like to have 50,000 developers working on spec like they do?
- Developers are the new rockstars. They speak the secret languages (code) which are changing the world.
- Print and Music were both disrupted by the Internet. TV is next. Opportunities abound as the current value chain is under threat with new gatekeepers in the living room (Samsung, Google, Apple, Boxee, Roku etc.) and new consumer behaviour with second screen engagement whilst watching TV.
Building Innovation in Multiplatform TV Content Development
Hackfest.TV, a platform designed to bring together developers, coders, content, tv production, and entrepreneurs for a coding marathon workshop of creativity and hands on developer collaboration.
Hackfest.TV will be landing at a variety of TV industry, App Centric, Developer, Advertising and other events during 2013 educating and inspiring the developer and creative community in becoming innovative and creative around TV and film production.
Key benefits of sponsoring
- Showcase your API's and SDK's to leading developers and creative's > expanding your developer community and building awareness.
- Place your product evangelists and tech team in direct contact with hackfest participants to share and collaborate with your APIs and SDKs
- Extend your networking beyond just the hackfest audience but also be able to capture critical business connections other parts of the media convergence scene which includes entrepreneurs, investors, producers, writers, and other creative's.
- Sponsorship of Hackfest.TV will include demo space
- Have your brand associated with a thought-leading and creative industry platform.
- Be seen as a innovative leading brand
The objectives of Hackfest.TV
- To build examples of future video entertainment distribution formats, integrated with social media, gaming, interactivity etc
- To show how future video entertainment could be delivered within an interactive multi-screen environment
- To build commercially viable business models for the distribution and delivery of these future video entertainment formats.
- To solve a problem or respond to a brief, pushing second screen, first screen, or multiplatform content briefs.
It’s all about the brief V Prizes
The hackfest will evolve from specific briefs provided by our sponsors, with the incentive for teams to develop from specific briefs and adopt sponsors API’s and SDK’s provided by the enticing high quality prizes up for grabs.
“...develop a commercially viable video entertainment service (or app) that combines linear video, VoD (video on demand), social media, gaming, discovery and dissemination, personalization, new forms of advertising, community, tCommerce, multiplatform engagement and involves multiple screens, TVs, tablet PCs, PCs, games consoles, smartphones etc.”
Who will you meet
Advertising and branding professionals, Analysts, Business Development Director, Business Owners, Commercial Managers, Company Directors, Creative Directors, Designers, Developers, Digital Marketing, Managers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Producers, researchers, Sales professionals, Software Engineers, Telecommunications Professionals, Academic Researchers and the next generation of talent
How it all works
- A hackfest will run either over a 24 hr period or during the course of two days*
- Hackfest will provide all sponsors with a table top area within the hack room to showcase API's and SDK's. Opportunity to book a larger stand within main exhibition may be available.*
- Food and beverages will be provided for all involved for the hackfest
- Sponsors and partners will be promoted through the event websites, event partner sites, social media channels and publishing sites
- Teams will be invited to present the work at the end of the hakcfest to a team of judges
* Depending on the event & location
Hackfest.TV sponsorship package:
- Listed on the hackfest.TV website as a sponsor – supporting SDK/API content
- 7-10 minute elevator pitch of your brief or competition, with prizes.
- Table top space within the hackfest room for the day
- Invitation for up to three key staff to act as mentors within the hackfest working with the developers and creative teams
- Opportunity to provide branding of the hackfest area
- Message on website, and in all promotional literature
- Promotional editorial support on www.appmarket.tv and www.developer-tech.com
Apps World, North America - 7th & 8th February 2013, Moscone Center West
The global multi-platform event Apps World is heading to the Moscone Center West – . The event is all about bringing together all aspects of the app ecosystem and tackling new app industry developments - bringing together 5,000 of the world's leading developers, marketers, broadcasters and telecom professionals.
|Date:||7th & 8th Feb|
|Duration:||13 hrs plus presentation time|
|Expected no. developers:||100+|